Cold Calling Sales Strategies
What is cold calling?
Cold calling is a sales technique where the person making the call does not have a prior relationship with the person they are calling.
Cold calling is an activity that often leads to rejection and frustration. It’s not easy to just make a phone call and convince someone to buy your product or service. But it’s also not easy for people who need to sell their services or products on their own without any help from the company they work for.
Cold calling can be done by anyone, but it’s more difficult when you don’t have any prior contact with your target audience, as you’re going in cold. This article will explore what cold calling is and how it can be used as an effective sales technique in certain scenarios.
How to Prepare for a Cold Call
You can find out if the person you are calling is interested in talking to you by asking a few questions.
When it comes to cold calls, preparation is key. You should know what you want to say and have a plan in place before you call someone.
Here are some tips on how to prepare for a cold call:
- Know your target’s company and industry
- Prepare your message and be clear about what you want
- Be assertive when asking for an appointment
- Take notes during the call so that you can remember what was said
Why it’s Important to be Prepared
The success rate of cold calling is about 11% for the first call. However, that number drops to just 2% after the second call and a mere 1% after the third. This means that if you want to succeed in your cold calls, it’s important to be prepared.
Why it’s Important to be Prepared:
- Successful cold calls are more likely with a preparation plan in place
- A preparation plan can help you avoid wasting your time on skillsets that you don’t have
- It can help you focus on what you’re best at creativity and emotions
- It can help you avoid feelings of self-doubt-
- A preparation plan will put you in a better position to make the sale
3 Common Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Approaching Customers in Person With Cold Calls
It is important for the sales team to be able to approach customers in person. But there are some mistakes that can make a bad first impression and make it difficult for the salesperson.
Here are three common mistakes that you need to avoid when approaching customers in person with cold calls.
1) Don’t appear too eager or desperate: If you come across as too eager, it will be difficult for the customer to trust you. If you come across as desperate, it will make them think that they’re not getting a good deal.
2) Don’t interrupt: When someone is speaking on the phone, they have their attention on what they’re saying and what’s being said to them at that moment. Interrupting them will cause them to feel like they’re being rushed and not listened to.
3) Don’t pitch your product or service too soon: If you try to sell your product or service before the conversation has even started, it will scare them away because they’ll feel like you’re trying to manipulate them.
How to Keep a Log of Your Conversations
When you are having conversations with your customers, it is important to keep a log of them. This will help you to remember the important information that you received. Here are 3 ways to keep a log of your conversations.
- The first way is to use the notes feature on your smartphone or laptop. You can also create an audio recording of the conversation and store it on your computer or phone.
- The second way is to use a voice recorder app on your phone or laptop and record everything that is said during the conversation.
- The third way is to use an app like Evernote, which lets you record audio and take pictures at the same time as well as share them with other people in real-time.
How Many cold Calls Should You Make?
The number of cold calls you should make per day depends on your business. It also depends on your sales team and the size of your company.
You should make more cold calls if you are in a smaller company with limited resources and fewer salespeople, or if you are a freelancer who is looking for a long-term project.
The number of cold calls you should make per day also depends on how much time you have to dedicate to the process. If you have a lot of time to dedicate, then it makes sense to increase the number of cold calls that you make per day.
The average time it takes to close a sale is 30-60 minutes. However, the time it takes to make a cold call varies from person to person and depends on the environment in which they are working. In some cases, it can take only one call while in other cases, it can take 2-3 calls before the customer is ready to buy.